Stocking Reccomendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kestu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone,

I guess I will start off by introducing myself: My name is Kestu, I have been keeping fish for about a year and a half now and this is the first time using a forum like this. I am still learning a lot and am looking for any advice. I currently have a 50 gallon long set up with some South American Cichlids and I love all of them. I used to have a 30 gallon tank with community fish but I gave that tank to my girlfriend.

I recently acquired a new 60 gallon hexagon tank from a friend of mine and I am interested in stocking it. My issue is I am not really sure what to stock it with. I have been getting mixed feelings in regards to making it a salt water tank. I have heard from some people that it's incredibly hard, and others it's incredibly easy. My only experience is with freshwater. I have been curious about African cichlids as well but again I have no experience with them. I have also never had any live plants. I am willing to try new things, but I was just wondering for any advice.

As of right now the tank is going to be coming to my apartment for next week and I will be remaining in my apartment until July at least. Again any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom