Sup guys n gals!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbastic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey! So im just getting into freshwater after researching salt for years, iv just got a lil 10gal for now grabbing a 60 tomorrow! But in my 10 iv got 2 black ruby barbs and iv now come to understand they will get to big for the 10 but im currious as to what a good stocking would be for the 60! I really like barbs like tigers and the black ruby, also really like angels! :) thanks guys!! Iv switched the bigger filter on tank for a aqua clear 20 since the pic also!

Hello! Welcome to the community. Barbs are pretty but watch the stocking, and they will need a group of certain numbers of male and about 2-3 female for each male (can't remember if 2 or 3 would be better).

If you meant to post a pic it didn't show up.

There is a very informative article for getting started for FW tanks in my signature link - check it out to see if there is anything left you haven't yet read about :).

Thanks man! And ya I was kinda hoping the different tiger barbs would group togetherIMG_1478499783.078065.jpgIMG_1478499798.000832.jpg and I just got a 60

A 60G is a realy nice tank especially for some nice groups of fish, like the Barbs.

I have some Odyessa Barbs and they are really pretty and chase each other but are not mean to the other fish.

I have not personally kept the Tiger or green Barbs. A family member kept a few Rosy Barbs long finned variety and they were mostly super mean to each other and the other fish! Big bullies after they start reaching maturity.

Cherry Barbs are also supposed to be good for a larger friendly community tank of lightly semi aggressive fish. Need the male and female ratios to be considered as well.

Ya I really want to do a nice community tank was gonna have all kinds of barbs but idk if I will if theyre gonna pick on everyone else

I tried Cherry barbs once. 2 males and 8 females. All the males did was chase and nip. I rehomed them. Just watching the mayhem stressed me out.

Back
Top Bottom