SwordTails Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cazjudy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 2 small SwordTails! Going 2 get 2 babies Angeles 2 put in my new 20gal Will they get along?
The SwordTails R in my 5GAL now!

The issues you will have ?
Angels need tall tanks and room. They grow fairly fast and adult angels have tall fins.

Min tank ? 29g, tho I recommend 55g as they can be grumpy.

Swords are very active swimmers. Is it a 20Long ? Or regular ?

They need side to side room and the males can hit 6". Same tank recommendations as Angels for me. 29g but 55g is better.

I applaud you wanting to upgrade your fish. But if a large tank isn't in the budget, consider rethinking your stocking plan.

http://aquariumtidings.com/swordtail-fish/

angels grow fast! 2male swords well 1 will be come dominant and the other will go try to find a hiding spot or stay at the top in a corner. Swords do better 1 male 3 females and if you get a dominant female she will change into a male usualy the larger of the females. then what ever male is dominate keep that one add another female and you should be set with one male and 3 females. Probably lots of babies. That's why all my swordtails are now pool raised instead of tank raised,Except for my giant green sword and jumbo blk.sword females. 1 male 8 females.

Awesome replies, THANK YOU All, NO ANGELES FISH NO DRAMA ?, 20GAL BEAUTIFUL SET UP 4 NOW SWORDTAILS have variety of friends All WONDERFUL Play ? l do have My Angel Fish She Is In A,30Gal Special Long Big Tank With Friend's ?

Back
Top Bottom