Test?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cthulhu

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just seeing if this works... I posted an introduction here yesterday but it doesn't appear.

OK so what happened with my intruduction? It said it had to be moderated before it would appear on the forum (but I didn't get that message with this one)... will it appear some day?

Yes, I saw it has reappeared.
It happened once more in another thread I answered, it said my post would not appear until it gets moderated. But other posts I answered appeared right away. I don't get it.

Old timer

Hi there folks,

Okay, I am as old as the hills by many folks accounts. I cannot remember when there was not a fish tank in my room, even in college.

I've breed many species and made many mistakes along the way.

Living in the desert southwest gives me an advantage with those species that like hard alkaline water. Even marine species are relatively easy to keep as our water only needs the salt to test out like marine water.

I've even fought the water and had a blackwater aquarium for years.

I've only been into the aquaponics part of the hobby a couple of years. Getting fish for my "ponds" is the hardest part of the aquaponics.

10 months of the year, I can depend on at above 50 degree days. There is always something you can grow in the garden to eat year around. So I am looking for aquaponics fish that can survive year round here with maybe just an unheated green(winter)/shade(all other seasons) house.

I will be going back into blue gills for my ponds as soon as I can find about 9
fingerlings at a reasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom