This is new to me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reecel64

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have never been on a forum before so not to sure on how it worksBut I have a 55gal tank with asst. ciclids in it,frons,peacocks,blood parrot,elec yellow and a rusty.
I have a gravel nottom wonder if I should change to sand

It is really up to you if you want to swap substrates. It can be quite a bit of work but it really pays off in the long run when you get something you like. A lot of people use Pool Filter Sand (PFS) because it has large enough grains not to get sucked up when you use your gravel vacuum but is small enough for fish to dig through.

Another alternative is Quikrete's Premium Playsand. I have been using it in my tanks for a while now and just set up a 75g with it. You can find it at Lowes or Homedepot for $4 per 50lb bag.

Edit: Where are my manners, Welcome to AA! :)

meegosh said:
It is really up to you if you want to swap substrates. It can be quite a bit of work but it really pays off in the long run when you get something you like. A lot of people use Pool Filter Sand (PFS) because it has large enough grains not to get sucked up when you use your gravel vacuum but is small enough for fish to dig through.

Another alternative is Quikrete's Premium Playsand. I have been using it in my tanks for a while now and just set up a 75g with it. You can find it at Lowes or Homedepot for $4 per 50lb bag.

Edit: Where are my manners, Welcome to AA! :)

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I just wanted to mention that your blood parrot may have issues with your other stock. You have aggressive species in there and the BPs cannot defend themselves due to the shape of their mouths.

LyndaB said:
Welcome to the forum.

I just wanted to mention that your blood parrot may have issues with your other stock. You have aggressive species in there and the BPs cannot defend themselves due to the shape of their mouths.

Well he is the bully and chases everyone else
A friend gave him to me

Back
Top Bottom