Tigers Barbs in yo face!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bIGTIMER

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Everyone,
I like the forum already! My brother in law is into this stuff pretty good. Originally my goal was to up him on a large aquarium and soon a small freshwater pond in the backyard. I setup a 30 gallon to get the idea of this works. So far I have to say it is a success thanks to some of the threads on this site. Now I really enjoy the process of setting up the tanks and watching the fish. My goal is to soon have a 70+ tank to up his 55 gal ciclid tank. Maybe with pirhanas. Of course I would keep the 30 gal running.

My original mission to up my bro in law lead me to a hobby I really enjoy for myself.

I look forward to reading threads and learning more and hopefully helping others if I can.

Currently my tank has 5 tigers and 1 redfin shark. I am thinking about adding 3 glow fish or 3 more barbs either albino or green to the mix. I feel these would be good tankmates and stay within the gallon a inch rule. Let me know if you have any insight into this.

Thank you for reading!

Hey Everyone,

Currently my tank has 5 tigers and 1 redfin shark. I am thinking about adding 3 glow fish or 3 more barbs either albino or green to the mix. I feel these would be good tankmates and stay within the gallon a inch rule. Let me know if you have any insight into this.

Thank you for reading!

:welcome: to AA! (y)

I'm assuming by Redfin you mean Red tail Shark? If so your going to need that 70 gal tank soon, Redtail sharks are very territorially aggressive as they get larger and in a 30 they will start to bully tank mates ... and yes they are able to stand up to TigerBarbs .... LOL .... my RTS chases his TigerBarb Mates. Plus it best to have a lot of DW, caves and plants for an RTS to set up territories.

I'd say you can add another 2-3 Barbs ... either the albino or green which should give you some nice color.

Yep I meant red tail sorry. He does very well with the tigers. The little ones are the ones that normally try to check him. I noticed my tigers doing kissing dances and saw that they are establishing rank. Soo cool! Little pack of wolves.

Back
Top Bottom