Total Noob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarzSixx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I'm new to the hobby. Bought a 40g at Petco's $1.00 per gallon sale. Kid salesman gave me no good info really. Bad on me I didn't search the Internet either. I did use some aqua safe and safestart plus ( have since read about the mixed feelings on this) 3 days before I added 3 danios. 4 days later 2 peppered corycats. A week later 6 barbs (3 tiger &3 green) a week later 2 roseline and 1 redtail shark. The 3 weeks since the start and MANY MANY water changes (1-2 per day), the nitrites and nitrates are finally at safe levels. My LED lights should be in today ( been using a grow light that is not very bright) before I added the danios I planted 2 anacharis that have melted but now on the way to new growth and two baby amazon swords that are doing quite well. The "clovers" and pink flowers are fake but plan on replacing those slowly with some sort "grassy" looking plant. Any thoughts for the Noob going foward. I have read abunch and now know some of my errors and would do things differently for my new tank (looking to get a 100g )in about 6 months.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1423767494778.jpg
    1423767494778.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 107
Welcome :) looks like you have done pretty well for being so misinformed in the beginning.

Caleb

~10g ghost shrimp
~45g ick is fixed! White skirt tetras.
~75g NEW! dojo loach, 5 black Skirt Tetras, 5 cherry barbs, live plants

Sounds pretty good.
But, if I'm not mistaken, ur red-tail shark will grow to a monster in that 40.
I would get more danios (zebra not giant?); two males per female (females are fatter). They like a nice school of 5 as bear minimum. But ur barbs will nip at them if they can catch them.
I like that u took ur time adding fish!

The Roseline Sharks also like to be jn groups too. Something to just keep in mind for later

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom