Trying again in Toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wlegrow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all!
I've had several freshwater tanks over the years and one Marine tank (a long time ago!). Unfortunately, my ex-step son and his mother went and bought an Anthias for the tank as a "Surprise"... Boy - was I surprised!!! unfortunately, so were the inhabitants and immediately every other fish (some clowns, dwarf lion and a couple damsels) and the annenomies stopped eating... and nothing I did or anything the LFS recommended worked.. and in 3 weeks - everything died (except for the Anthias...:fish1:). Still no idea what that fish brought into the tank... but, I've already set a rule with my new wife that nothing goes into the tank without my permission! lol... (and no... that wasn't why we divorced... lol)

I'm starting another Marine tank again (45 gal) - FOWLR this time.. although, I might go to reef tank, I'd just need another light.

I've already found some items in the tank that I'm going to post in an identification post.. But, I'm really looking forward to having a great tank this time - and looking forward to talking with you guys over time... :D

Btw - Happy Canada Day!!

lol... Thanks! I'm also a scuba diver up here... so, I'm used to being broke! :D

Thought I'd add a picture of my tank.

Attachments

• image-4081737869.jpg
    image-4081737869.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image-424752425.jpg
    image-424752425.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 106
Thanks very much!

Not sure yet to start.

Would like to end up with a couple anemones again with clowns, dwarf or pygmy angel, some yellow tail blue damsel, dragonet, maybe a firefish and a couple jawfish for sand stirring? Add some shrimp for garbage clean up! Don't really know yet - probably over crowded with those! Lol

bi-color angelfish are beautiful! I've got one and it's really cool. I would hold on the anemones and dragonets since they need well established tanks, and the anemone needs really good lighting.

Great idea - thanks! I'm looking forward to this tank a lot. I think I got really lucky with my first tank as I started with anemones almost right off! They lived pretty well - until the end.... Oh well!

I've heard that you can get anemones that you have to feed- now I was given instructions last time on feeding them, and didn't really have great lighting, and they lived over a year till the tank was ruined! You know anything about that type of anemone?

No, unfortunately I don't know much about coral. I only started about a month ago so I'm still learning a lot. You might want to check liveaquaria.com for any info on anemones.

Back
Top Bottom