Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-26-2020, 03:38 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Question Unsure about behaviour

I bought a red and white comet a few weeks ago, and today I bought a black moor and introduced it to my comet. They seemed fine for the first couple of hours. But now my comet seems to go after my black moor. Is this normal behaviour? My comet wont go after my black moor when they are eating. Unfortunately I'm not sure what genders they are.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

How big is your tank? What are your water parameters? Is your black moor getting enough food? Comet goldfish are faster than fancy goldfish. They also get huge.

Old 01-26-2020, 11:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Nitrite and ammonia are 0. Ph level is 7.5. The tank is 21 litres and the temperature is 22.5. My black moor is getting enough food. They share about half the food. My black moor doesn't seem stressed out.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Neither fish belongs in a 5 gallon tank so it’s most likely a territory issue that is going to be followed very quickly by water quality issues since gold fish are large waste producers. I believe the rule of thumb is 20 gallons (~80 liters) for the first fish then 10 (~40 liters) for each additional

Tags
behaviour

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com