Unsure about behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golden_Fox_Girl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a red and white comet a few weeks ago, and today I bought a black moor and introduced it to my comet. They seemed fine for the first couple of hours. But now my comet seems to go after my black moor. Is this normal behaviour? My comet wont go after my black moor when they are eating. Unfortunately I'm not sure what genders they are.

How big is your tank? What are your water parameters? Is your black moor getting enough food? Comet goldfish are faster than fancy goldfish. They also get huge.

Nitrite and ammonia are 0. Ph level is 7.5. The tank is 21 litres and the temperature is 22.5. My black moor is getting enough food. They share about half the food. My black moor doesn't seem stressed out.

Neither fish belongs in a 5 gallon tank so it’s most likely a territory issue that is going to be followed very quickly by water quality issues since gold fish are large waste producers. I believe the rule of thumb is 20 gallons (~80 liters) for the first fish then 10 (~40 liters) for each additional

Unsure and worried

Hey I'm new to this site and not 100% sure how it works. I have a comet goldfish (~2in) and a panda Striped Cory catfish together in a 10 gallon tank. There are 3 places that the Cory can hide in that the comet can't get into due to size. Will they be ok together? I have the temperature set so it's agreeable to both of them. I want my fish to be happy and healthy. I have a second smaller tank that I can move the Cory to if need be but I don't want to do that. I'm worried the fatbutt endless pit of a goldfish will try to eat the Cory.

Hi you can start a new thread by clicking new thread at the top once you get in the topic.
However to answer your question...your tank is way to small for those fish. Comet goldfish need a pond or 100 gallon tank. The cory needs to be in a group of 6 in at least a 20 gallon tank. I suggest you think about rehoming them and getting a fish appropriate for that sized tank.

Back
Top Bottom