Very new to fish keeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmricau87

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My girlfriend is incredibly in love with fish, & she's amazing at it. Her commitment & fascination with the area has made me want to venture into it myself, starting off small & easy of course. She is going to get me started & help along the way but she won't always be here so she suggested joining this forum so I'll always be able to ask advice when needed. The tank isn't set up yet but will be soon. & I'm still in the process of figuring out what fish I'd like to start out with. I'm very excited!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome to the forum, baby! Can't wait to get you fish of your own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome!!!

Should the rest of us also call you baby?
;)

Starting Out

My girlfriend is incredibly in love with fish, & she's amazing at it. Her commitment & fascination with the area has made me want to venture into it myself, starting off small & easy of course. She is going to get me started & help along the way but she won't always be here so she suggested joining this forum so I'll always be able to ask advice when needed. The tank isn't set up yet but will be soon. & I'm still in the process of figuring out what fish I'd like to start out with. I'm very excited!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hello dm, welcome.

Resist the temptation to start with a small tank. Get at least a 30 gallon. You'll improve your chances of success immensely.

B

The issue is space. I picked him up a 29 gallon but it won't fit. So I guess I have a new 29 to replace the 20 high I'll be giving him instead. The only spot big enough for a 29 isn't strong enough to hold it and is currently holding a 20 long with my beloved snakes in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom