Well hello there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Contented

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone! I just joined AA and wanted to let you know a bit about myself. I recently got back into the hobby/addiction when my daughter got a betta for her birthday. Feeling sad for the little guy in his 2 L tank I decided that I wanted an aquarium for Mother's Day. A quick Facebook request later and I was the proud owner of a 90 L (24 ga) tank! Yay!

I've been very obsessively researching fish and aquariums ever since and is how I discovered AA. Lots of good advice here!

In my tank I have:
White Cloud Mountain minnows
Cardinal Tetras
Ghost Shrimp
Flower shrimp
Anubias nana
Crinum calastratum(sp?)

Where is the betta you ask? Well I quickly discovered that he is a pig and will eat and eat even after he is full so he is now enjoying his own 10 ga tank with a couple of Cryptocorenes. He was non-aggressive with the other fish, just getting very full to the point of making himself sick. He would even eat algae wafers. I guess he didn't get the memo that he is supposed to be a carnivore. So I separated him so that I could control his intake and he could still stretch his fins.

So now I have 2 tanks. And so the collection begins...

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi, glad you are enjoying your fish! Your betta sounds like a fun little guy.

Last edited:
That betta definitely has a personality! He has a favourite rock that he likes to rest on. As soon as he notices a person at his tank he comes to the front, looking for food. He's also very curious. It's too bad I can't have a tank filled with them!

Back
Top Bottom