what great forum and site, I'm new to the group :o)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goodygirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, How are you? I stumbled upon this site looking for info on my glo danio and breeding her and well here I am :D.
I'm a new beginner to having fish tanks my last ones where at least 10 yrs ago and when they all passed we gave up until I seen glofish and had to have them!! I started out with a small 3 gal. glofish tank set up and have since upgraded to a 15gal column tank and other fish besides the glofish. I have the small one still set up with 2 mini fresh water puffer fish whom are absolutely adorable they are my hubby's.
My 2 daughters have a 3gal tank in their room with 4 guppies all male thankfully or I'd be overwhelmed with babies lol.
so here is what I have in my big tank.
2 baby koi angels
1 large tiger striped angel
1 albino angel
5 danio glofish
3 glofish tetra
1 albino catfish
1 blind cave fish.
and they all get along so well :)

welcome to AA!! is there any particular reason you want to breed them? if you breed the glofish all you can do is keep them or give them away, they are patented so its against the law to sell them.

well my little blue she was the only one I had of the danios and until a few days ago I thought she was a boy until a large bump appear I went to the glofish website and didn't get to much info on helping her spawn and I just wanted to breed them for fun yes I know they are patented I'll just give them away... I already have a friend asking for some of the babies once they are old enough.
I could post a picture of her baby bump so to speak if needed. after doing little research I went to the pet store and bought a breeder net and few more danio glo's and placed her and a male in there and the guy at the store said to put another female in there to ease the male from stressing out the pregnant one until she is ready to spawn.
I'm not so sure on how long before she is ready since been noticeably swollen for about 3-4 days now I don't want them to eat the eggs so I'm a little on edge about getting the parents out after they are fertilized.

i asume you have all this in your 15 gallon tall column tank. thats way to many angels cause they get 5-6 inches or bigger depending on the type . you need atleast a 55 gallon tank for all the fish u have .

Is your large tank the 15 gal? If so that is WAY to many fish. Baby or not. The angels grow fast and for all of those on top of the other fish will need around 40-50 gallons. I have a 55 gallon with 6 angels, 10 red eyes tetras, 2 glass catfish, 1 Cory (temp), 1 oscar (temp) , 2 mollies, and a couple gourami and even that is over stocked.

Also, glofish are patented so you can't sell them - only give them away for free.

Back
Top Bottom