Wicked Awesome Hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omegasupreme

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I have managed to dive head first into this hobby with a newly acquired 75gal tank along with a Eheim 2224 filter. All for a case of New Castle beer. Not so bad.

I couldn't have made it this far without the site, as I'm getting closer to getting the tank finally set up. I plan on going FW with around 3wpg for a nice natural planted look, with bala sharks down the road. I have almost everything but a light source and C02. I am leaning towards the Nova Extreme light and DIY C02. I've read that DIY C02 doesn't provide much for tanks >30gal. Though Is it possible to just use larger bottles and more yeast? I figure I will try this route for now until I bite the bullet and get a pressurized C02 system.

one more question.. where is the cheapest place to get Eco-complete? As i would probably need 7bags.

I look forward to learning and contributing more.

GO PATS! :D

Ouch, tough break. Beer...Tank...Beer...Tank...

I would have taken the tank too, but it would have taken me a few days to decide to part with the beer first.

Welcome to AA!

I've read that DIY C02 doesn't provide much for tanks >30gal. Though Is it possible to just use larger bottles and more yeast? I figure I will try this route for now until I bite the bullet and get a pressurized C02 system.

one more question.. where is the cheapest place to get Eco-complete? As i would probably need 7bags.

DIY for a 75g tank? It's not cost effective and your levels will continually bounce around.

Best source of Eco is online. Try BIgAlsonline.com and/or DrsfosterSmith.com. Some will charge a "heavy shipping" surcharge.

Welcome to AA. Try doing a fishless cycle if you hadn't decided to already, it is very easy to do and much easier on the fish. Looking forward to pics once you get everything set up.

Back
Top Bottom