Wondering if this is normal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

13Skulls

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone my name is Abby & I was wondering if this is normal for a panda Cory my normal go to guy for fish stuff his name is Wayne & he is the owner of Fin gallery in Calgary Alberta where I'm from & he says that he might have ate something that he wasn't supposed to or he ate too much and told me to add 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt but I don't know if I should separate just him cuz I have 2 Cory pandas & 1 pepper Cory but the other Cory's look fine I am very new to this Hobby I love fish so much because they are so peaceful I have a fluval Flex 34L-9 us gal I also have 1 male betta & 5 Harlequin & I think I have all the things that you're supposed to have & I just did a 6 in 1 Aquarium test my nitrate is 0 & my nitrite is sitting between 0.5 & 1.0 oh & my ammonia level is 0 & the GH is 300 but Wayne says that's typical for Calgary water the chlorine is zero the alkalinity k h is 300 but Wayne also said this is normal for Calgary water and my pH is 8.4 Wayne also said this is normal for Calgary water so the only things he told me to watch for are the chlorine levels & the nitrate and nitrites oh & I forgot to tell you it's a fresh water tank & I have done a quarter water change oh & I also have one dwarf pleco I'm not sure what kind

Attachments

• PXL_20201116_061733644.jpg
    PXL_20201116_061733644.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
That is most definately not normal.

Could be bloating, could be parasites, it looks a bit extreme to be full of eggs.

I would recommend separating the fish if possible.

I would look at bloating first. Add aquarium salt (1 tablespoon/gallon of water), dim any lights or preferably turn them off, stop feeding while you consider what else to do.

You should look for the causes of bloat. Are there any other issues?

Bulging eyes, protruding scales, red gill, would indicate an infection that will require antibacterial medication.

If the feces are stringy, pale, or overly long then its probably constipation, feed peas or other roughage.

If there doesnt appear to be anything out of the ordinary, then its likely an overfeeding issue. Reduce the amount you are feeding.

I regularly make sure my corys get vegetable matter in their. Ground up algae wafers normally. Look at what you are feeding.

Thank you so much for the information I talked to my other guy and he said it might be a gas bubble or he ate something he shouldn't have I feed him algae wafers one tablet is 82 g and it's hikari tropical algae wafers

Back
Top Bottom