$1 per gallon from Petco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanker99

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just a fyi I just called my local petco and they are having a $1 per gallon sale starting the March 31st of this weekend!! I think it's nation wide. I can finally get my 40b.

they have it every other month...if you miss this one...

They don't have anything over 60 except their own displays though right?

Iv always thought they should sell big tanks. Would really help people out without an aquarium store nearby cause anything can happen in shipping

Lol Ikr? I saw a guy on Craigslist selling a 110 for 80 because he was moving and couldn't afford to move it separately

Petsmart has a 75 with hood and lights for $200, that's about the best I've seen in stores..

Yeah I just got back from Petco with a 40b and I only saw up to 55gal on the 1 per gallon sale.

I had to do it!

So I went to get my allergy shots, not realizing I was a half hour too early. I though, gee I can surely waste that time at Petco a few blocks away, I wanted some plants anyway.............so........... now I have a fifth tank, 29 gallon to put my new plants in!
Some guy was there Tuesday and bought ALL 13, 40 gallon tanks they had. He got the bug real bad LOLOL

Haha nice he prob re sells them for a profit later on.

Picked up a 10g with hood light fixture 14.97 petsmart. In store days 37.00 but showed manager there price they advertise for in store on line and bam....walked out with it for $15. Now I have a new acclimation tank.

Blue's Galaxy S4

I picked up a 20 long...and a new betta who went into my 5 gal snail tank.

The 20 is just for a future, unknown project. I'm still working on my 55 gallon right now.

However, just for conversation's sake, what is the cheapest anyone has done a full setup from the Petco $/gallon sale? Eggcrate lid + shop lights + diy sponge filter wouldn't run you that much, eh? I guess you'd need to buy a heater. And an air pump if you didn't already have one.

Freshwater setups really aren't too expensive my 20g setup still hasn't run me over $160 and that's after redoing it lol.

Btw your betta should love that tank, when I move mine to bigger tanks or containment their tails seem to get longer and their color is more easily seen :)

You could do a lot for that, make some shrimp and snail colonies and stuff

Back
Top Bottom