100 Gallon Tank suddenly unlevel HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hana288

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I got some new decorations over the holidays so I did a water change and set them up today. When i was refilling the tank a noticed that the water level at one end was significantly off than the other.

I had moved this tank into a new room a couple of months ago and re-levelled be for filling it.

I'm not sure if adding some more grave and some new rocks has weighed it down on one end. I moved the rocks to the other end just in case but I'm not sure if I should empty it right now to try and level it or if it will be okay for about a week or so.

Left side it 2.6cm and the right is 3.9 cm to about a 1.3 cm difference.

Thanks

PS there is also foam in between the tank and the stand

Attachments

• IMG_20190113_152927.jpg
    IMG_20190113_152927.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20190113_152949.jpg
    IMG_20190113_152949.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20190113_153014.jpg
    IMG_20190113_153014.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I think the placement of the foam might be the problem. Unless the aquarium manufacturer specifies that foam be placed there, not a good idea to do it.
In most cases all thats required is to have all four corners of the tank rest firmly on the stand. Leveling comes from shimming between the floor & stand base.

The foam I bought from the same place as the tank and stand.

nothing noticeable, it is summer now so it is starting to get hot.

Do you notice any settling outside the house near the doorway, foundation, or inside in the wood floor. That does seem notably off.
Just a side thought to Autumns comment - if you place a marble against the wall at the front of the tank does it roll or stay put? My tanks are all slightly unlevel but most of it is due to the house not the tank

I tried what you suggested near the four front legs and they did roll around, all eight legs are also firmly on the floor.

I am planning to get a big piece of wood to put under all eight leg and hopefully, it levels it out then.

Back
Top Bottom