100g coffee table stand finished???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Finally had time to get all the 4x4s installed so I can stain & get tank up and running as I can't do the other 6 till this one is done. My only question before I set this all up is do I need to have a 4x4 at each end between the 2 side 4x4s because the tank is 12" shorter than table. And if so at the bottom or under the top? 20180331_170711.jpg20180331_170650.jpg

No lots of views but no responses - figure everyone is tired of my multiple questions about this build
Only reason I was asking is I had originally planned on adding the "cross pieces" but my *house building* partner & muscle/tool wielder for this job said there is no reason for them as the long edges & corners are already reinforced by 4x4s. Figured I would double check here before calling it done as I would think there is a difference between a house with multiple beams & supports and 900+ lbs of water etc in a 4' Sq area. If no replies soon will call it done as I need all the tanks move, set up and running by Sat night if possible, & this is the only starting point ?

I think you are all good.
Having an extra support in the middle could cause pressure if floor was not perfect.
The 4 points of contact being right under the corners is best IMO.
Stain away ...Can't wait to see it..

AWESOME staining tomorrow of weather co-operates so I can open windows

Back
Top Bottom