110g New tank need Lighting help/Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lookout888

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Greetings all,
Thanks for all the great info. For the past week and a half all I have done is read this forum and look at link posted.

Here is my question I Have a 110g tank 2feet deep. I have a canopy for it also. I need to figure out the lighting I will need to get. I was thinking about 5-6 watt per gallon. I want to get some anemones. I was looking at Http://www.aquariumlight.com/product_info.asp?dbid=373 But not sure if this is any good. It does not say it is electronic. Also what bulbs would be suggested Any advice would help. If I am going in the wrong direction let me know. If anyone could post a complete setup (and links if possible) I would appreciate it. (At least get me in the right direction)

Thanks for all the help.

Mike

it is 60 inch long.. How about an icecap #430 ( 330 watts)x2? but then what bulbs. This would give me 6 watts per gallon

Ok went to lfs and saw some Metal Halide lights. Also talked to the person there and they Sugested i get the kit they had over there coral tank it is 2 400 watt Metal Halide. they wanted 600 bucks pluse tax. So i did some looking and found on www.Aquariumlight.com

Dual 400 watt metal Halide ballast box with the electronic ballast upgrade
2x 400 watt Aqua cool 14k bulb
2 x 24'' Reflector after shipping it came to 538.00

Is this to much?

And is this a good deal ( never heard of there ballast's any good)
is there something better?

is this a good price?

THanks

Mike

Back
Top Bottom