120g stand support question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I gave been offered a 120g with 2 HOBs 2 heaters & asst accessories for $50 unfortunately the only stand I have to fit it currently holds my 70g & if I moved it the only stand to put it (70g) on is 6" too narrow. Would a peice of plywood extending 3" front & back still be enough to support it

I wouldnt risk it... I would definitely get it like wow that's an amazing deal but I would build a stand or have someone build it for you. You really want the width supported more than the length but plywood doesn't seem strong enough to support that

**** I was afraid of that - I was hoping since the length was totally supported the sides were not of as much of an issue

All weight is said to go to the corners. ?
Adding a 2x8 to the back the 48 inch length and cutting 2 pieces to support it at stand height from the floor would work for the 75 IMO. Not seen since in the back no biggy.A table cloth or such can cover it. Another support idea could be stacking cinder blocks behind to stand level with wood if needed to match height ?
6 foot tanks are always hard to move and set up so they sell fairly cheap.Used equipment is usually crappy and quickly replaced..With that said $50 is a steal..You should get it...

Thanks Coral - the 120 is a tall so only 48" long but 31" high
That said the possible stand for t

**** undependable internet connection
So the possible stand for the 70g is built of 1.5" angle iron on castors so moving it to put 6" of support behind would not be hard but -pardon my engineering ignorance here- would a 1" piece of plywood on top of the stand under the tank not spread the weight out over the entire wood surface including the corners?

Back
Top Bottom