150 watt heater *edit another question about filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obedey

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to buy some heaters for my tanks a shop has them on special for $14.45AUD but only while stocks last. They have 100 watters for a few bucks cheaper but they're out of stock does anyone think it would be a bad idea to get 2 150watt heaters?? edit*** o and how much filtration do i need im sucking the tanks capacity 8 times an hour with the 13gal and only 6.6 with the 15gal is that ok or du i need a bigger filter for the 15??

150 Watts seems excessive in a 13 and 15 gal tank. I think the ratio is something like 5 Watts per gal but it also depends on what your room temp is comparable to your water temp. I could be wrong on the ratio though.

It is overkill, but so long as the heaters fit well, there is no problem with doing so......besides, you can always swap them out for smaller heaters at some later date, if you wish.

Yes, you can still use them as long as they fit in the tank. I'd watch the temp closely for the first couple days, but I tend to lean more on the cautious side. And plus, when you upgrade to a larger tank, you already have a heater. :D

yeh id like bigger tanks. maybye one day when i could be bothered building a stand and there is also the space but im only just starting out for now ive got a 13 gal and a 15 gal and my mums got a 15 as well

Back
Top Bottom