180g tank- sagging braces any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
saw this tank on CL but the center braces sag a little. is that ok or is that tragically bad?

Here's a photo

Attachments

• tn-1.jpg
    tn-1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 157
That would probably straighten up once filled but then that's not a good thing.

The braces are supposed to be stiff. Looking at those I would guess they had MH's too close and they started to melt, or at least got soft and sagged. Not sure I would thrust them as is.

Thanks guys! Guess I'm so wanting a new tank I'm considering everything. lol

So this should be a pass, even if it's only like $50?

Why not repair the braces or replace the frame my mom has a 125 she got for free a few here back that had broke braces so my step dad cut off left about 1.5 inches on each side and epoxied acrylic braces in it's still holding strong and that was like 4 years ago

Why not repair the braces or replace the frame my mom has a 125 she got for free a few here back that had broke braces so my step dad cut off left about 1.5 inches on each side and epoxied acrylic braces in it's still holding strong and that was like 4 years ago

for free?!?!?!

I certainly wouldn't pass it up for a minor brace issue. Some brands have braces that aren't totally rigid, but for me they should hold the tank to it's size. Regardless, not reason to pass on it. Worst case scenario you can redo the braces or add extra. It may help in getting the price lower.

carey said:
Thanks guys! Guess I'm so wanting a new tank I'm considering everything. lol

So this should be a pass, even if it's only like $50?

Of course. There are places that sell the top brace only. It's around $75 for it.

Thanks everyone, I took a look at that thread Joy and to be honest it just looks like more work than I wanna do. LOL

I will wait it out for a complete and INTACT setup. I should be concentrating on my new 90g and the 60g I am in the middle of planning. LOL

Send me the 180g!!! LOL... 50? I'd be all on it! To easy to make braces.

I've seen brand new unused tanks at that fish place with braces that look exactly like that I'd get it

Back
Top Bottom