1st Canister Filter installed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My very first canister filter View attachment 325350
Hello, canisters are game changers. Not only do you cut down on maintenance(clean mine every 2 months), you can customize any way you want, it adds water volume & flow. Great upgrade!
Question: is that a cascade pre filter? If so you might keep an eye on. If a heavy bioload they will clog fast & put strain on motor. Hopefully this helps!!!!!

Watch the hose going from the small filter to the big filter. If the hose bends it can kink and stop the water flowing between the 2 filters. You can put a sleeve under the middle section of that hose and tie it to something above so the hose remains upright and can't fall over.

Hello, canisters are game changers. Not only do you cut down on maintenance(clean mine every 2 months), you can customize any way you want, it adds water volume & flow. Great upgrade!
Question: is that a cascade pre filter? If so you might keep an eye on. If a heavy bioload they will clog fast & put strain on motor. Hopefully this helps!!!!!
Yes it's a cascade prefilter canister filter.

Back
Top Bottom