2 questions RE: ABS pipes and retaining walls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drayven

Aquarium Advice Activist
First let me say that I'm glad I found this site. I'm new to this whole aquarium business, in fact mine isn't even built yet, but I'm finding a ton of info that's helping me figure out what I want.

Ok now for the questions. If these have come up before I apologize, i tried searching but didn't find anything relevant.

1. I'm likely going to be using black sand in my tank so I'd like to use black piping for caves and I know that the black stuff is ABS and not PVC. I've tried my Google-fu but I can't seem to find a real answer one way or the other. Is ABS piping safe for a freshwater tank?

2. Because I'm using sand but want to do live plants I think I'm going to try and put in some gravel planters so they have something to hang on to. I'd really like to setup some retaining walls like this guy is doing here but that particular product seems pretty hard to come by so i was just wondering if anyone had recommendations for a decent retaining wall material, preferably something not terribly heavy.

Back
Top Bottom