205 vs 206

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbuck

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all I am currently looking at the fluval 205 and 206 both on eBay. They are both new and unopened. I just want to know if the 206 is a great deal better or if it's marginal. Also are there better canisters similar in price. Many thanks

The 206 is basically the newer version of the 205, they're both rated for up to 40 gallons.
I don't know how much you are going to pay for it, but if it is in the 80-90 range I would get a 305 on amazon for 89.95 ($3 more expensive than the 205) and you get a 3-year warranty.

I have a 306 and I really like it, other filter in that price range that I would consider is the aquatop AKA sun sun I also have a CF 400 UV and it is pretty good (I've heard that it is similar to the eheim) the only thing I don't like about the aquatop is the material they use for the canister I think that it is not as resistant as the material fluval uses, but besides that it works pretty good too plus it has the UV bulb and a surface skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom