37 gallon reef help w/ skimmer & lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brandy44duckbrandy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:n00b:

Got my 10 year old 37 gallon eclipse system running 2 months ago. Havent run a legitimate tank is @ 8 years. Wanna make it a reef tank. I am going to replace the eclipse hood with an emperor/penguin something like that. Am i correct to think that if i get a filter w bio wheel or dual bio wheels ( & carbon) for say a 100 gallon tank i will have a better chance of not overloading my tank. By the way I have @ 80-100 lbs of fiji liverock.

The reason im gonna refpace the hood is b/c i want to go to better lighting. The 2 bulf P/C retro fit for the eclipse does not seem to good to me. Would you go with a 4 bulb P/C outfit or a 4 bulb T5 HO. I know the cost and lifetime of the diffrent bulbs but i just wanna know quality wise. Both outfits would have dawn dusk and Led effects.

Last question, i want to throw a HOB skimmer, Bak-Pac 2 or AquaC Remora. Also would it be beneficial to throw a 2.5-3.5 gallon fuge on the back.

I currently have some zoo's , yuma's, and ricordea. I am planning on adding some star/daisy polys after the change. I would have to learn more on other corals before thinking of adding them.:bowl:

Any info would be great!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom