38 deluxe kit -Vs- 46 bow front?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which should I get?

• 38 Gallon Aqueon Deluxe kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 46 Gallon MarineLand Bow Front

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Thaa8thWonder

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all! I'm a new member and first time poster! Very happy to be a part of the site as I start my new tank. So as a newbie, you can all give me advice on what to buy! haha

Ok, so I'm looking at two different tanks, both of which are 36 long by 20 high, which is exactly what I wanted. Now here is what I found, and where my question comes into play. (stands for both cost the same and are not factored into my question)

38 Gallon deluxe kit by Aqueon with hood and light (comes with heater and filter, other stuff it comes with I'm not basing my decision on. This costs $150 for everything (tank, hood, heater, filter)

OR

46 Gallon Bow front by MarineLand with hood. This costs $200. after adding the heater and filter to make it comparable to the 38 kit above, it will come out to about $280

Now, my question is. What would you do? is the 46 gallon bow front worth the extra $130? I know its a better looking aquarium, and is obviously bigger, but is it worth it for the $130? The other question is, Ive never bought a kit aquarium before, so I don't know how good the heater and filter are that come with it. Am I going to be replacing them after a few months because they arent powerful enough? If thats the case it bring the cost of the two tanks a little closer in comparison.

I apologize if I rambled, or made no sense, but I just want to make sure I make the right decision, and not say "I wasted $180 bucks" or "I should have spent a little more and gone bigger" a few months down the road.

Thanks ahead of time for taking the time to read and respond :)

I would go with the bow front as they are nicer looking tanks IMO. The filters you get in the aqueon kits are crap and should be replaced. I say go with the bowfront and grab an Aqualclear HOB filter and a 200w-250w heater and start from there. Welcome to AA!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply guys! I think the Bowfront is where im headed... I'll keep ya posted!

I voted bow front based on water volume as well as visually pleasing. I am still looking into the bow front tanks. I have 2 75 gallon regular tanks but would love a nice bow front when I dive into the SW fish.

Back
Top Bottom