4 bulb t5 choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I purchased a Odyssea 4 light t5 fixture. I'm new to t5 so they look great to me but I've read a lot about changing the bulbs because the originals aren't really that good. Also, maybe adding a purple or other color. Is this just personal choice or are these bulbs ok for growing coral..

Those stock bulbs would work for coral, changing out the bulbs will give you a bit better color on the tank and a quality bulb can help even more with coral as they will get more usueable, better light. :)

I left the stock bulbs in one of my fixtures and the corals are just fine, but I bet they might be even better with "good" bulbs

I purchased a Odyssea 4 light t5 fixture. I'm new to t5 so they look great to me but I've read a lot about changing the bulbs because the originals aren't really that good. Also, maybe adding a purple or other color. Is this just personal choice or are these bulbs ok for growing coral..

Look into ati and geismann bulbs they are usually the better bulbs. The different colors are usually used to give the corals better color.

I have the same fixture. Love it. Did you change any colors and if so which ones?

Back
Top Bottom