5/16 inch vinyl tubing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would like to change the tubing on my gravel vac. It's a Top Fin brand from Petsmart's web site. As best as I can measure, my current tubing is 5/16 of an inch, inside diameter. I found this web site:
http://www.ebrew.com/racking_equipment/tubing.htm#TUB-T1
Does this look good for my purpose? Since it's a beverage site, I thought it would be ok for the gravel vac, and not get anything harmful into the aquarium.

I expect it'll be fine. I get mine, if I just need a short section, from Lowes. AFAIK, any clear vinyl tubing is suitable for aquarium use.

Thanks, Logan! I did look at your site first but I didn't see any tubing, or maybe I missed it! Anyway, my husband knew what you were talking about at Lowe's. (he's a regular there :wink:) He says there are big rolls of cut-to-length tubing there and we'll take the top of the rigid tube with us to make sure of the size. Just one question: Some of the tubing has some writing (brand stamp, etc.) on the outside. Could this be harmful? I don't think so -- the tubing will only be in the aquarium for five minutes, but just checking!

Back
Top Bottom