50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 watt heaters ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angels004

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok. so i picked what fish i want and the gravel but i forgot the most important accessories!! i still need to buy a filter and a heater.
so i went to petsmart.com and their heaters are pretty cheap ranging from 17.99-22.99 but theyre different watts
for a 10 gl. what watt of heater am i supposed to get. i never knew this was so complicated! i need some help as soon as possible!

Rena Cal Top Light Excel Heaters

Computer-calibrated temperature control. High thermal diffusion for efficient heating. 500-micron, solid silver contact thermostat prevents overheating. Easy to view indicator toplight. Can be mounted vertically or horizontally. 6-foot cord. Camouflaged. CSA Approved for full submersion

those are the heaters im talking about. are they any good :?:

yeah, go with a 50watt, FULLY submersible. Expect to pay at least $25, but its worth it. Cheap heaters tend to not hold a stable temp, and often the thermostat breaks and it'll either freeze or cook your fish.

Rena Cal, Ebo-jager, Visi-therm, Titanium...these are the heaters you can trust.

Do NOT buy a Whisper or Tetra-tech heater.

Back
Top Bottom