55 gal freshwater aqua tower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodsan33

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking to get information and help with maintaining a 55 gal 8ft freshwater aqua tower, I set it up 2 weeks ago and finding everything is a challenge especially the scaping. Any help would be great. ;)

you could use one of those arm extension grabber things, but even that wont do much. Sounds like a cool tank but its going to be a PITA to take care of.

yeah can you post a picture? how much room does it have? 8ft sounds like theres not much more room for fish to swim

The foot print is 16"x16"x80" just to get it started I put 12 really small fish in, they don't seem to mind they are very active, the tank is from midwest tropical model #690 not sure how to upload a photo here. I too thought of the grabber tool I just ordered a 72" model, I think that will work fine. It's gonna work better than me just dropping everything in. I used a long pole with two spoons taped to it. It didn't give me the exact location I wanted. I already added a large rock formation and a piece of baranacle also plastic plants that I was able to snap together to give a kelp like look to. I found a jellyfish I could suppend to put more focus on the middle section. I guess it's going to be trial and error. We have 20' ceiling so this tank looks right in place here.

The way that you upload a picture is to post it in a picture hosting site like tinypic is what I use.
TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
once you upload the picture it will give you the code to post on a forum or message board as one of the options. After you have copied the link of the pic take it back to this page and where you type a reply for this in the message box click the little box above, its the second to last one that looks like a landscape with mountains. paste the code into there but erase the IMG at the end along with the punctuation marks.
What you might want to do with a tank that big is find some plants that can grow pretty tall to fill the empty space, also adding bubbles could be a fun thing to watch rise to the top. Plants like this might be your best bet because how hard its going to be to clean this tank. choose the correct substrate and the fish waste will be used as nutrients for the plants.
Just my thoughts, hope I helped.

Since the tank is fairly new it's not taking much cleaning now, I did get a 25' garden hose and added a gravel cleaner to it, I took my house vacumn and was able to get suction, it worked great for draining . I like the idea of bubbles but how can I get something that would go to the bottom with a long cord I don't like cords showing. Is there's one I could get that would suspend from the top and blow down, there is a shelf at the top where are the cords are placed. Can you recommed a good source? Thank you for the info on the photo, I'll give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom