55 gallon salt water issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bnace09

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok i bought a perfecto corner flo tank a wd-75cs sump and a mag 9.5 pump.. Now i hooked it all up today and it`s awful lol..first of all i hook the pump up directly under the tank i dont know if thats wrong if you should have the pump over farther and have the pipes angled of what but all i know is the drain overflows the drip pan the drain also sounds like a sink draining very annoying and the tank is just getting filled with air bubbles..The pump isnt completly under water so i think thats some of the problems with the bubble but the more water I add the more it gets louder on the drain.. The only way i can quiet it down is to make the drain face up and the water drains through the drilled holes in the pvc instead of making it look like a candy cane.The pump did come with a over flo box and they told me not to use it due to flooding my living room if the power goes out..Can someone please get me started with this so i dont feel so ripped off lol thank you.

Back
Top Bottom