6 bulb t5Ho w/ timer & LEDs on ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have 2 concerns:

1. Is the fixture UL listed? There are a lot of stories out there about cheap aquarium fixtures starting on fire.

2. It looks to me as if the bulbs are not individually reflected. This will significantly reduce your PAR at depth. Good T5HO fixtures have individual reflectors for each bulb.

What do you plan to use this for? (size of tank and application, i.e. reef or FW planted)

Ok. I think it would be enough light. I would just question the 2 areas I raised.

Thank you. We're seriously considering the Aquaticlife 6 bulb fixture as it looks like that one has individual reflectors.

Attachments

• 6 bulb aquatic life T5.jpg
    6 bulb aquatic life T5.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 61
We ordered this light fixture over the weekend from Doctors Foster and Smith. I know that light fixtures usually come with bulbs that should be upgraded from the start. What 6 bulbs would you reccommend?

I use 3 actinics 2 Fiji purples and a new generation 14k.... It just depends on the preference you have towards color. Some like it really blue while others like white.

I can't capture the true color with my phone but here's a couple trying to fix the white saturation... its got a pretty natural light look in person I'd say a white with a hint of blue and purple which makes the whites look great imo

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120827_162701.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120827_162701.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 58
  • ForumRunner_20120827_162845.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120827_162845.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 80
I got a quad fixture from them last week which is also 36 inches.great fixture btw, does run very hot though I'm going to mount a few small fans on the vents

MRc8858, thank you for the pictures. We like the coloring, so we'll go with the bulbs you suggested.

Cyris69, thank you for the tip about your fixture running hot and using fans to help displace some of that heat.

Back
Top Bottom