72G Lighting Selection Current LED?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Looking at the Current USA strip light and also the fixture that sits on the tank as an option as well.

72G Oceanic Bowfront complete glass top little single bulb sitting on top of that. Light is 48".

There is just a single light bulb powering this tank for light and it will not grow medium light plants (not that I was expecting it would with one light bulb). I have both but can't remember which bulb I put in - one was Zoo Med Flora-Sun and the other was Aqueon Full spectrum for plants.

Either way, I have been waiting to change this over and now am wondering if I should just add the strip. I would be able to easily justify the cost.

The present fixture is the basic style, it isn't displeasing in appearance. But obviously not very amazing to look at either.

When I told the hubby there was a light fixture with a remote and he could change the lighting he said he might finally be able to get interested in aquariums (probably not the fish as much, lol) and other than just appreciating their appearance. :lol:

If I get the strip what other costs are associated with it, remote, connectors, anything??? How do you program it?

Also If I were to get the fixture, should I get the 48"-60" for the increased/best light out put?

I don't care to have Co2 right now, or in the near future (6mos-year) I don't want too much light and don't want to/or have time to deal with algae out breaks.

Here is the tank, (btw the water was low for the Fiddler Crab and the snail egg pods.) If there is already good info previously discussed, you can link me to it.

Been looking at the Fuge Ray (low to medium light) or which ever name it is , is there actually the new one with red LEDs for a 4 foot tank, only saw the nano size for that feature.

Sorry I am not very experienced about the lighting at this point. Have the very basics...

60074-albums11380-picture57008.jpg

Is there enough room on top to add the Current Satellite LED plus and not just the flexible strips? I think the fixture would be better and more durable.

The Finnex Fugeray Planted Plus with the red diodes is coming out in November.

I personally like the Sat+ better because you have more control and fun dynamic light settings.

Is there enough room on top to add the Current Satellite LED plus and not just the flexible strips? I think the fixture would be better and more durable.

The Finnex Fugeray Planted Plus with the red diodes is coming out in November.

I personally like the Sat+ better because you have more control and fun dynamic light settings.

Yes there is a flat glass top across the whole thing and enough room behind the opening/lids in the front for a 4 tube/bulb standard light.

Sounds like I may get more play in / I mean, buy in from the hubby if it has so many fun settings lol

Can I attach the strip across and (it's in the center) behind the brace where the lids open? The glass does have two rectangular sections, divided at say the 23 inch point with a one inch brace continuing to the front to the bow between the lid opening flaps. In other words not just flat and smooth.

Would it just attach or to a 3" or 4" wide strip of metal 48" across I could lay up on top? VERY low profile, lol?

Or not quite right if I spill water?

Pretty fun to play with huh?:brows:

Back
Top Bottom