75g Reef Ready Powerhead & Current Questions, HELP..!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so i have to make a decision today guys so keep that in mind, im trying to keep my tank all hydor as far as powerheads, controller, skimmer, etc so here it goes, i know some vortechs would be awesome but im on a budget!

im looking into the smartwave controller and either the koralia evolution 1150 or the koralia evolution 1500 paired with the smartwave
i wanted to know what would be best? and how many? 2 powerheads? 4 powerheads? and at what intervals on the smartwave?

also ive seen tanks with a rolling wave in them can this be accomplished with the smartwave? if so which powerheads should i use the 1150 or the 1500..? what are the benefits of it if any? and why?

lastly where do you guys place your powerheads? my tank is a single overflow to the left side of the center brace in the tank, my scape is pretty basic with rock all along the back of the tank against the glass starting about 4" from the side glass all the way accross about 8" from the surface, and 12" from the front glass with lots of caves for fish and outcrops for coral.

Back
Top Bottom