75gal Canister Filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a 37gal tank right now with three goldfish. Its a little small and I plan on upgrading to a 75gal in the future. I'm hoping to buy a canister filter sometime soon large enough for this tank and my future one. Anybody has any good suggestions? My tank has three filters on it right now. One that came with the tank, one brand new (as of about five minites ago) sunsun 40gal submersible filter and one 5gal filter. I am having a tough time with my nitrate levels recently and I ordered some filter media thats suppost to help with that although next time i'm ordering purigen. Also how do they work exactly?....I've never had one before.

I'm running a Fluval 406 on my 75g and it does a great job. Just search youtube for Fluval 406 and they have set up videos, maintenance videos, etc.

meegosh said:
I'm running a Fluval 406 on my 75g and it does a great job. Just search youtube for Fluval 406 and they have set up videos, maintenance videos, etc.

I've read sunsuns are exactly that same but much cheaper. Any experiance with them?

I've never heard of them. Heard great things about fluval so went with them.

Check out the Rena XP canisters. I have 11 of them on various tanks, and really like them Very easy to service, and can hold a lot of media.

foster53 said:
Check out the Rena XP canisters. I have 11 of them on various tanks, and really like them Very easy to service, and can hold a lot of media.

How's the price on them?

Thats not too bad but a little more than I was hoping to spend. I'll probubly shop around some first. Sounds like a good model though

Back
Top Bottom