90 gallon with canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxpowell

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 90 gallon with a fluval 405 canister in it and I'm planing to overstock the tank with cichlids I was wondering what other canister I could add to the tank... Such as a Rena xp3 or or even just another 405

Help me out!

Thanks

I like to over filter my tank so I would look for something that turns your water volume 10 X per HR 2 fluval 405's would put out 680 gal/HR

If you have the $ I would go with a fluval FX5..900 gal/HR

you could add an aquaclear 110 hang on back filter...500 gal/HR
combine it with your fluval 405

I am going to try the odessa cfs500..its like a mini FX5...only $60

you could make a DIY wet dry filter out of plastic storage containers, there are a lot of options

keep in mind that if your going to be keeping cichlids, they have a higher bio load than smaller tropicals

Uncle Dirty said:
What would be your reason to "overstock" your tank?

My question as well. Lets not forget what overstocking a tank mean. For 1, uncontrollable nitrates. No canister is going to fix that....

maybe he's planning on keeping Mbuna, when u overstock the tank it keeps the aggression down

I run an FX5 + 405 on a 55 gallon. Lots of bio, lots of mechanical, crystal clear water all the time. If it's within your budget, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom