ABS (Bulkhead) to PVC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Branew

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought a couple of bulkheads to use but I cannot figure out how to attached the Bulkhead fittings (ABS) to PVC. The PVC fittings dont really fit to the bulkhead.

I am missing something here?

I dont see any ABS at HD or Lowes...

Are there conversion pieces?

Where do you purchase ABS fittings?

Thanks!

Read the label carefully, some PVC glue is also for ABS

Thanks, will do. I have a few different PVC glues at home...will make sure I read the label.

My question though has more to do with threaded fitting....My bulkhead has a threaded fitting but I dont know how to connect PVC to it.

Try schedule 40 threaded fittings for drinking water pipes, they might fit. <And you can join pvc & abs with the threaded fittings - no glue needed.> Other threaded fittings available at the hardware store: irrigation pipes, pond pumbling fittings, & electrical conduit fittings. <The electrical conduit fittings will glue to the regular PVC's. The irrigation fittings are ABS & are barbed on one side to join to flexible vinyl tubings.>

I would bring the bulkhead to the sotre & just try out a bunch to find one that fits.

Failing that, also try a landscaping supply place. One near us has a pond supply section, and they sell bulkheads for ponds & all the associated fittings.

Try schedule 40 threaded fittings for drinking water pipes, they might fit. <And you can join pvc & abs with the threaded fittings - no glue needed.> Other threaded fittings available at the hardware store: irrigation pipes, pond pumbling fittings, & electrical conduit fittings. <The electrical conduit fittings will glue to the regular PVC's. The irrigation fittings are ABS & are barbed on one side to join to flexible vinyl tubings.>

I would bring the bulkhead to the sotre & just try out a bunch to find one that fits.

Failing that, also try a landscaping supply place. One near us has a pond supply section, and they sell bulkheads for ponds & all the associated fittings.

Yea, Ive brought it to HD, Lowes, and Menards and havent had alot of luck...I am going to try a landscaping supply place like you suiggested...thx

Back
Top Bottom