Ac110 media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Critter1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm sure a lot of people here have or at least had an aqua clear filter! I have seen a lot of different type of media people keep in the filter. I have a large sponge, carbon bag and the bio max. How important is the carbon bags? Do I even need this? I feel like there is something better that I can be putting in the filter! Can anyone give me ideas or share what you use? I have a 55g with a 3in jack Dempsey

I had one on my 29 fw for a long time. Once a week or so, I would rinse out the bio, carbon bag, and sponge, more often if needed. I replaced the carbon bag about every six weeks. You can make your own from a nylon knee high and loose carbon. Make sure you rinse it before use. I sometimes left it out.

Attachments

• image-852023319.jpg
    image-852023319.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 77
Dear Critter1990,

I have three AC's (110, 70 and 50). I tend to only use the carbon when I first get the filter, because it comes with it! When it would be time to replace the carbon, I usually replace it with additional floss or biomax depending on my mood. If I need to remove meds (knock on wood) I put carbon in to do so.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Thanks guys! I love this filter and I also think the carbon is just a waste if space. Maybe I will replace it will more boimax

Back
Top Bottom