acrylic cover cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyP

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi AA,

I have a 4 bulb t5HO light that has an acrylic splash guard that slides in and out of one side of the system through a slit. What is the best way to clean this surface there's a lot of build up from the salt due to water evaporation. I also need to wipe down the bottom of the fixture as well, its covering the 8 LEDS I use as moonights. Thanks a bunch!

Hi AA,

I have a 4 bulb t5HO light that has an acrylic splash guard that slides in and out of one side of the system through a slit. What is the best way to clean this surface there's a lot of build up from the salt due to water evaporation. I also need to wipe down the bottom of the fixture as well, its covering the 8 LEDS I use as moonights. Thanks a bunch!
I use a mixture a white vinegar and water. I use 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water. Put it in a new clean spray bottle. I spray it and leave it on for 15-20 mins, depending on how bad it is. My problem is calcium build up. I rinse down my splash guard in the shower(warm water) until there's no vinegar smell. Then just dry it with paper towels. If your wiping down the fixture, spray it onto a cloth first..You can adjust the mixture up/down if needed...Very cheap but effective...Hope this help....Ian

Back
Top Bottom