advice on r o unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bone2602

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi can any one give me any advice on r o unit ,i have r o which gives 55 gallons a day but what i need to know is can i just put the filtered water straight in my tank when i do a water change & will it change my ph which is 6.5 at the moment also whats the best idea to keep my ro water when filtered & how long can youn keep it any advice will be welcome has i have not used one before thanx

Moved to the General Hardware/Equipment forum so you'll get some responses. I also deleted your other post since it asked the same question. :)

And as for your question, if you added the ro water directly to your tank it is likely to drop the pH more, which isn't a bad thing, but it will also drop your KH which can make your pH unsteady. RO water doesn't have a buffer to it. Usually people add a buffer of some type to the water when using it in freshwater tanks. I'm sure more people will chime in as to what the best buffer to use is.

Back
Top Bottom