advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brybry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. Recently I have decided that I'm getting kind of bored with my fish tank. I love the fish don't get me wrong. But the tank is small and set up the way I like and I don't want to over crowd the tank. So I decided to up the anty. In a few weeks I plan to buy a 60 gal for another fw set up. I am new to the hobby. All I have ever bought were aquarium kits in the past. This aquarium comes with the tank itself, hood and florescent lighting. I know what I'm going to to for filtration and everything else but realize I over looked one thing. Heating. How much wattage do I need? I don't want to boil or freeze any fish. Also, I've read that some ppl run 2 heaters for larger tanks. Is that necessary?

One 300 should suffice, I'd personally do a 200 on each side for piece of mind.. Just get a good thermometer and don't rely on the temp setting if the heater as exact temp. I run an overwatted heater in my 29 at 72, it's actually 78..

I have two 55g tanks and in one I have a 200w Aqueon pro and the other I have a 250w Aqueon pro. Both maintain a 81 degree temp for me with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom