AI Sol Super Blue mounting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtlion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I recently purchased 2 banks of AI Sol Super blue, but after mounting them I realized that I have somewhat of a problem. Since they are hung under the rail, instead of lifted like my old unit they are basically sitting on top of my tank cover. This is causing me problems because I cannot get the cover off without removing the lights. They are mounted on legs, as hanging them is not an option. Just wondered if anyone has any ideas as to how I can lift them up a little, I don't need much just about 1/2 inch. I have attached some photos as they are right now for a visual.

Attachments

• 2012-06-27 10.21.55.jpg
    2012-06-27 10.21.55.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 2012-06-27 10.22.35.jpg
    2012-06-27 10.22.35.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 93
FYI I figured out how to fix this issue. I am cutting a piece of plexiglass to slid into the grooves on the mounting bracket, them just placing the lights longways on top of the plexi. That will solve two issues, one with the lights being lifted and the other with the lights running sideways for more light disbursement.

Back
Top Bottom