Air in canister filter tubes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cloudtail

Aquarium Advice Newbie
about a month ago i got an airstone for my tank, and it was too close to the filter intake and air got in making it look somewhat emptied, and the excess water was in the tank so i know it wasnt a leak.

i refilled the canister and moved the airstone, i had no issue until a few days later the same thing happened. this kept happening and so i thought the issue was the airstone.

i cleaned the canister about 5 days ago now and theres air stuck in the tubes and i have to refill the canister twice a day now. the airstone isnt on anymore so im not sure why its still doing this and i have no idea how to get the air out of the tubes.
i've tried doing some things i read in other forums, like tilting the canister, restarting it, lowering the output, and trimming the tubes but none of that has worked. im wondering if some part of it is broken but i don't know much about canister filter maintenance

the filter im using is the nano 30 external canister filter by zoo med. i havent had a single issue with it since i got it 8 months ago

air in the tubes
unknown.png

Rock the canister back and forth, front and back, all over to purge the air.

Back
Top Bottom