Air Pimp Manifold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMagic

Aquarium Advice Freak
I order a air pump it came with a Manifold-6 outlet. my problem is my air line doesnt fit the outlet. Im using normal size airline the one that is use by all air stone, etc.

what should i do? im thinking about sanding down the outlet to a size that fit.

you can heat the end of the airline up but not direct flame to get it pliable to expand over the nipple then constrict back down to create a 100% seal. you might not be able to get it off unless you cut it off though.

it took me hrs just to get all 6 air line into the manifold.
the air pump sure is super loud. what u do when something is this loud?

you can make a box for it to help muffle the sound. just make sure its not too small.

Sometimes when there is too much or not enough back pressure, air pumps will make noise. See if it still makes noise when you remove all or most of the air hoses.

In the last few years, they started to sell air hoses in different diameters. Aquarium shops and the on-line stores sell the larger diameter air hoses as well as adapters.

Also, place a sound isolation mat under the pump. A mouse pad works great for this.

Sometimes when there is too much or not enough back pressure, air pumps will make noise. See if it still makes noise when you remove all or most of the air hoses.

In the last few years, they started to sell air hoses in different diameters. Aquarium shops and the on-line stores sell the larger diameter air hoses as well as adapters.

Thanks for the info, ill give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom