Air Pump Recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Innovator

Aquarium Advice Addict
For those that use air pumps, what are your favorite brands? I'm looking for something powerful enough to power four large sponge filters, yet relatively quiet. As always, dependability is a must. I have used the Hagen's, but they are rather loud imo; however, I have not tried the Optima.

Thanks for any recommendations :)

For those that use air pumps, what are your favorite brands? I'm looking for something powerful enough to power four large sponge filters, yet relatively quiet. As always, dependability is a must. I have used the Hagen's, but they are rather loud imo; however, I have not tried the Optima.

Thanks for any recommendations :)

I like the Whisper air pumps ( Whisper Aquarium Air Pumps | Air Pumps | Air Pumps & Supplies | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com ), they are the quietest I've used. For coolness, I like Fusion Air pumps ( Fusion Aquarium Air Pumps | Air Pumps | Air Pumps & Supplies | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com ). The larger ones have 2 outlets, independantly driven. These can be a bit louder, however.

how big of air sponge filters and do you plan on adding any more? i know a few people who use Dolphin Five Star Air Pump.

I know it's been a few months since the last post but I thought I'd put my 2 bits in.

In searching for other stuff on Craigs list I ran across a lady who had several tanks. When asked, she said the Rena 400 was the quietest one she'd ever own and swore by it.

So off I went looking for it, got one, a new one, on eBay for $32.50 shipped, great. But in doing so I found many that had broken plastic outlet nipples which are not easily replaced as it and the inner parts are of a single solid piece (not user changeable).

So, if you get one, I'd suggest attaching the two short airline tubes that were included to each of the two outlets then use a straight in-line adapter to connect it to the airline running into the tank.

That way if and when you need to disconnect/connect you can just hold the short airline tube and the tank line to pull disconnect/connect thereby taking the force/pressure off the nipple itself.

Back
Top Bottom