Algae scrubber help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just read that. That's what I'm going to do. Don't think I'm going to plan on using any until I move

Decided to start some gfo today.. Noticed my hair algae is making a rebound.. My sea hare died on my yesterday. . I have the reactor pulling out from the fuge. But returning at the pumps so it goes straight to the tank. I thought it would be better there since I have cheato growing.. Any thoughts on return gfo placement?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395413159.559664.jpg here is my screen after 3 weeks. Seems like its starting to work well. But the bare spots.. I can only angle the lights in and only do far back. But the lights are over 4" away. Still seems to be too much I guess

Yes they are. But the light is angled inside. Can't really pull them back any further because the system is up at the ceiling so it can free flow back into the tank

It look fairly equal in flow all the way across the screen

Won't let me post a video. I am going to clean the screen tomorrow. Maybe see about opening the slot bigger to let more flow out

I toll the scrubber screen off and opened up the pipe with the stemmed some more.. Seems like after 3-4 days of running. The algae blocked the hole and causes the water to start squirting at the lights.. Hopefully by opening it up more . It will stop that

Back
Top Bottom