All actintic bulbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duoc9119

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wondering if I got a ho tc fixture if I could run it with all actintic bulbs instead. Any thoughts? I would like to have that deep blue look to the tank, without going to full leds. Its a 3 gallon pico, Im sure thats usefull info

Going all actinics isn't the best way to go.. well actually it depends.. r u adding coral? Or fish.? Plus all actinics lighting would be too blue and you wouldn't see the great colors that a saltwater tank has the potential of having for instance the unique color of sw fish and coraline algae and such...

No fish just coral. Its a 3 gallon. Not sure what the best way is to get a 20k look without the metal halide heat.

Yea ur corals arnt going to do good with actinics ... they use more of the 10000 k lighting plus u won't be able to see the corals true color.. what lighting are u using?

Yea ur corals arnt going to do good with actinics ... they use more of the 10000 k lighting plus u won't be able to see the corals true color.. what lighting are u using?

Right now I'm using a 26watt Finnex Clamp on.

Amazon.com: CL26SL: Finnex Aquarium Nano Refugium Cliplight including 3U Blue White Bulb & Moonlight LED - SILVER GREY: Kitchen & Dining

I was looking around and read that these lights were a good start. It looks to be doing well. Now I'm just looking to get the corals to pop.

It`s not natural. You need to try to recreate nature as much as possible. It would be OK to cause your actinics to come on first and go off last to simulate dusk/dawn but you need the white lighting during the day to simulate day. You also need no lighting for nite time.

The led's r good for that tank u should get the led's they're good but try to keep it natural.. plus its a good idea to get some moon lights ud probly like how they look in ur tank at night and plus fish should have some kind of small lighting such as moon lights at night because in the ocean they get moon light plus they can see what they're doing ...

The led's r good for that tank u should get the led's they're good but try to keep it natural.. plus its a good idea to get some moon lights ud probly like how they look in ur tank at night and plus fish should have some kind of small lighting such as moon lights at night because in the ocean they get moon light plus they can see what they're doing ...

I was thinking of getting one of the 8000k/453nm panorama modules and a 453nm stunner strip for the moonlight. Would that be enough for the tank?

Defenately, for a 3 gallon its plenty.. r u planning on getting it? And what kind of corals r u planning on adding in ur tank?

Defenately, for a 3 gallon its plenty.. r u planning on getting it? And what kind of corals r u planning on adding in ur tank?

As of now I have red people eaters, a torch, and an acan. Would just one of the modules be enough for them?

They should do fine because its only 3 gallons but its totally up to u... the moon light makes a big difference look wise... so u can somewhat see it at night plus moonlight looks awesome

They should do fine because its only 3 gallons but its totally up to u... the moon light makes a big difference look wise... so u can somewhat see it at night plus moonlight looks awesome

I will hold off on the moonlights and just get the module in 8000k/453nm and see how that goes. If need be I will add a 50/50 stunner. Then see where that goes before getting the full UV or 453nm for moonlight.

Back
Top Bottom