Amazing skimmer suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright guyzz i need soms suggestions. We are going to make a sump that is about 16" wide... Our stand can only handel something less then 27" tall.

So i just need some really great skinmer suggestions, like i said it must be less then 16" wide and 27" tall, also it cant be a bajillion dollars... Haha any help would be appreciated!

Bubble Magus BM-NAC3+ Protein Skimmer - Bulk Reef Supply

Dimensions: 6.8" x 4.3" x 17.5"

The foot print on the bubble magus was the reason I initially looked at it, and I am glad I did. For the price, it seems to be very high quality and produces good skimmate. The control to dial in the water level is not quite as nice as some other models, but still once dialed in it holds very well.

Since your tank is a 90 (I think?) you might consider going up to the next model, but I think the footprint is the same even on the next model up.

TheChad said:
SWC 160 Cone <--- Click

Recommended water depth 6-9".
20 5/8"" in height with a 9" X 7" footprint

'Nuff Said. Best Skimmer ever made, Hands down.

-TheChad

Haha thanks for the suggestion! Its a bit pricey, but if i run into that money i will consider it more! Thanks!

fort384 said:
Bubble Magus BM-NAC3+ Protein Skimmer - Bulk Reef Supply

Dimensions: 6.8" x 4.3" x 17.5"

The foot print on the bubble magus was the reason I initially looked at it, and I am glad I did. For the price, it seems to be very high quality and produces good skimmate. The control to dial in the water level is not quite as nice as some other models, but still once dialed in it holds very well.

Since your tank is a 90 (I think?) you might consider going up to the next model, but I think the footprint is the same even on the next model up.

60 gallon! Thanks for the suggestion! Looks really nice and the dimensions are perfect!! We will definitly look into it! Also... Im a fan of the price ;)

Get it on group buy and I think it is 5% off. Plus win the SW POTM contest this month and you'll get another $10 off your next order ;)

fort384 said:
Get it on group buy and I think it is 5% off. Plus win the SW POTM contest this month and you'll get another $10 off your next order ;)

Ummm SO DOWN!! Thank you! Haha

Haha thanks for the suggestion! Its a bit pricey, but if i run into that money i will consider it more! Thanks!

It's more pricy to buy a skimmer that sucks (not saying the other suggestion sucks, I've never owned or seen one of those), then have to spend even more money to buy a better one later, or even worse buy another once based on price alone and waste even more money, when you could save a bit longer and buy a good one to start with.

Like I said, I have no experience with the other skimmer suggested, I'm just saying from experience.. 9 times out of 10, when you buy one product over another based on price alone trying to save a buck, it's ends up costing you 3x more.

-TheChad

TheChad said:
It's more pricy to buy a skimmer that sucks (not saying the other suggestion sucks, I've never owned or seen one of those), then have to spend even more money to buy a better one later, or even worse buy another once based on price alone and waste even more money, when you could save a bit longer and buy a good one to start with.

Like I said, I have no experience with the other skimmer suggested, I'm just saying from experience.. 9 times out of 10, when you buy one product over another based on price alone trying to save a buck, it's ends up costing you 3x more.

-TheChad

Well i appreciate the input! The thing is i already have a decent skimmer on my tank and im at around 5 trates, this second skimmer will be extra

-TheChad

I generally agree with your sentiment here - you usually get what you pay for. However, the Bubble Magus is a good balance of quality and cost. The acrylic bodies are made in China, but are actually pretty decent and solid. They use a German constructed pump along with it so the pump quality is pretty high. It was recommended to me when I started my reef tank, and I was skeptical too based on the price, but trusted the guy who recommended it to me so I went with it. I am positive you could get a BETTER skimmer, but like I said it is a good balance between price and quality, and as a guy who owns a lot of upper end fish gear, I am still very happy with this purchase overall. My biggest complaint is the adjustment for water height is kind of a pain to adjust (it is ultra sensitive), but other than that, once it is adjusted, it holds very well (I have adjusted it maybe twice since I initially dialed it in the week I added it to the tank).

Back
Top Bottom