Angleplus active filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aoessand

Aquarium Advice Activist
so it got here today and well i have no idea how to set this up lol . do i just stick a air pump <bubbles> hose in there or is there some sorta filter i need to get?

Do you already have a filter? If you do a lot of people cut it up and stuff in the filter you already have. Are you trying to cycle your tank?

yes im trying to cycle my tank i just learned about cycling a few weeks ago when i found this site my filters and my api master kit will be here tomorrow according to amazon tracking, i will be using 2 penguin aquarium power filter 350gph in my 48x15x16 50gallon tank. as of right now i put the seachem prime in the tank with the anglesplus active filter in the tank with a bubble hose in it, i put the seachem in last night, the filter got here today.

I would cut up the seeded material and place it in your filter. Are you going fish in or fishless cycle? If you are going to cycle fishless you are going to need Ammonia to start the cycle. You can use fish food, A couple of shrimp or buy pure ammonia. You are going to need that test kit so you can give the people here your readings so they can help you. I did a fishless cycle and used seeded material and it took about 3 weeks I started off using dead shrimp but switched to the pure ammonia method.

im leaning towards fishless cycle. i will get the pure ammonia tomorrow then and cut the active filter i got today up to fit into the filters ill be getting tomorrow.

so your saying they will die tonight if i dont go to the store?

No No not tonight.:) They can go a few days but if you have fish food you can add a pinch. That will feed them until you get your pure Ammonia or you can go the fish food way all the way it is up to you... You are fine for the night.

ok great i put a lil 1/2 pea sized amount in for tonight, i will get the ammonia tomorrow, dang ace is the only that carries it around here that i know of, and they close early...

I got my Ammonia at Tractor Supply I dont know if you have one near you.

got my stuff going to start a build log thnx for all your help :)

Back
Top Bottom